Personal Development Manager / Residency Administrator
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER/RESIDENCY ADMINISTRATOR
Grande Sports Academy is a full-time residential academy focused on developing the best soccer talent and enabling young athletes to become outstanding soccer players. It’s home to the Real Salt Lake – Arizona Academy teams and is the only residency program in the United States affiliated with a MLS team – Real Salt Lake. This is where 45 student athletes from 15 different states and 4 foreign countries live, train and compete at the highest level for 11 months of the year. The goal for the 2012 academic year is 80 full time resident student athletes.
An athlete’s greatest dream is to play professionally. Grande Sports Academy is uniquely positioned to help our athletes accomplish that dream, while nurturing the importance of life skills and college preparatory academics.
This is where young adults reach an unparalleled level of mental and physical development to maximize their potential and achieve their individual goals. Our goal is to have every graduate earn a college scholarship offer, which they did last year.
The position of Director of Personal Development/Residency Administrator is a hands-on position which requires total commitment. The candidate must provide all aspects of customer service, including building rapport with parents and students.
The Director of Personal Development/Residency Administrator must provide the highest level of personal and professional integrity and ethics. Have the ability to think strategically and have strong organizational skills. Have an understanding of the passion for sport with an innovative, energetic and self-motivated attitude. Be a goal setter with strong time-management skills. Be an excellent communicator with effective writing skills and the poise and ability to present oneself well to others.
A little background…
Grande Sports is made of two entities: Grande Sports World and Grande Sports Academy. Grande Sports World (GSW) is an internationally renowned training facility which 15 of the 19 MLS teams have trained or played games at the facility, including Seattle Sounders, Real Salt Lake, New York Red Bulls, New England Revolution, Chivas USA, Vancouver Whitecaps, Colorado Rapids, Portland Timbers and Montreal Impact and NASL’s FC Edmonton, the Canadian U23 National Olympic team and U17 World Cup teams for Rwanda and New Zealand along with two other New Zealand teams. We have also conducted and hosted MLS and NASL Combines. GSW also hosted US Soccer’s A, B and C coaching license course for 177 coaches from around the country. In 2010, GSW hosted the FIFA FUTURO III courses for 40 coaches located around the globe.
Adjacent to the facilities is the legendary Francisco Grande Hotel and Golf Resort. This oasis in the Arizona desert has been in business for 51 years and is an ideal location for vacation getaways, retreats, weddings or to house the visiting teams to Grande Sports World. The facilities are located 45 minutes south of Phoenix, Arizona.
What you’ll be doing…
- The Director of Personal Development/Residency Administrator is a live-in position residing on campus.
- Develop educational programs and training in the area of student leadership development.
· Work with students to develop and maintain an atmosphere conducive to study and community living, and encourage students to take responsibility for developing a community atmosphere.
· Assist the students to graduate from High School and work with the coaches to ensure the students receive college scholarships.
· Assist in monitoring the maintenance of facilities and arrange for repairs and respond to emergency situations in order to ensure the safety and comfort of residents at student sponsored events.
· Participate in a variety of activities for the students, including after school programs, such as hiking, sight-seeing, theater visits, shopping trips. Promote and attend High School functions, like team games, drama productions, science fairs.
· Provide supervision to students regarding Student Code of Conduct and Student Handbook policies and procedures. Report any disciplinary situations to the Director of Residency Life for action.
· Maintain records, compile data, and write reports, as directed by the Director of Residency Life.
· Participate in staff meetings to exchange information, assist in the problem solving process, decision-making process and present support materials as needed.
· Assist with the transportation requirements of the students.
· Report to Director of Residency Life.
Skills you’ll need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s Degree, plus two years related experience.
· Must work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
· Knowledge of concepts, principles and practices of student development.
· Knowledge of data collection and report preparation and presentation.
· Knowledge of planning, organizing, implementing, and coordinating comprehensive student programs and services.
· Skill in designing and establishing new leadership initiatives.
· Skill in techniques and methodologies in administering student discipline and in handling crisis situations.
· Skill in communications and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with academy employees and academy students.
· Skill in mentoring and in providing leadership to students.
· Skill in organizing a variety of activities and events for students.
· Skill in recognizing, analyzing, developing situations to a variety of problem situations as they relate to students.
· Strong work ethic. High level of responsiveness and professionalism.
· Driver’s License, using company vehicles, to transport students to doctor appointments, and any emergency pick-up situations.
· Ability to walk the property, climb stairs and be outdoors.
Contact us….Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out websites: http://www.grandesportsacademy.com/ http://www.franciscogrande.com/